Friday, January 31, 2014

thoughties

I miss the feature in iTunes that let you listen to the music peoples computers in your vicinity over wifi. Maybe it still has that and I just have not been hanging out in coffee shops as much as I used to. I definitely have not been listening to music as much anymore whilst I study, write or read.

But it was a cool way to learn about new to me music.

Sometimes I would be amazed at how similar my library was to the others. Sometimes it was a bit disturbing; as in are we all just in the same category of audience? The 'white, mid twenties, hip but not hipster, demographic?'

 I dont know much about circular logic, but I want to learn more, about circular logic.

I have my  iPhone plugged into my stereo amp, the one I won at my high school senior all-nighter, a silver TEAC little thing. I've lost the wood speakers in a move a few years ago (i'm still not over that), but the amp keeps rocking even though its been 14 years (this June) since that fateful raffle night out at Spokane Community College when I won a rad stereo with my single raffle ticket. That was the first and last thing I ever won in a contest.

Anyhow, my iphone is rocking shuffle mode and its blowing my mind with song i haven't heard in eons, like probably years maybe, songs i forgot I even had and some i didn't even recognize. Inspired me to make playlists/"mix tapes" stolen directly from the random shuffle mode.

Its sunny and I sit on my desk with my back to the sun pounding through onto my back now stripped of the blue tank top i put on because it makes it feel like summer.

Snow covers the lawns and the streets in Browne's Addition are white too, and hard packed. Thank you City of Spokane plowmen for not plowing the cities densest population neighborhood.

Speaking of snowplows, earlier today I saw one on fire on the side of the freeway near the airport. It was awesome!

Ice cycles surprised me with their pointy, menacing presence. Nature's perfect murde
r weapon. No prints, no weapon to even begin to worry about anyone ever finding.

My cat, Pippi, lays behind my on her side, little white paws pressed against the dumb plastic slicing more holes in the film i put over my windows in an effort to keep the north winds from stealing my apartments meager 2 heater output. Holes I try to tape with packing tape, but I can't keep up.

"I could waste a fortune, 
if I had a fortune,
Life has been good to me,
it has,
been good to me."
- Sergius Gregory


No comments:

Post a Comment